Monday, June 28, 2010

Grand Opening of Fundraising 4 OUR KIDS ! ! !

I want to start by introducing my theory. If your on my blog, you either have children, or know of someone that has children. At one point we have been approached to sell, buy, or raise money for our kids school, PTA, sports, clubs, and many more to say the least. Well, as a mother of two boys, one whom is 15, the other 6, the fundraising is a continuous effort in our small town of Orting,WA. I have currently taken on a challenge: to raise $4,000.00 to $5,000.00 for the Orting High School Foot Ball Camp on July 12-15 at UPS College. This is a training camp which will allow them to learn & work on their skills. I began on Saturday, June 26, 2010, a car wash down at the Orting High School. I had NO experience and had NO idea what I was in store for. Once I arrived, there were only 2 cars, with 4 teenage football players. I was handed the key to the water spigot, and I was on my own. I had wrote a email to "Simple Green" biodegradable car wash soap, and they donated 36, 2 ounce bottles for our car wash. When it arrived I got inspired to keep asking for donations. I called our local Hardware store, Arrow Lumber, and they donated 4 car wash sponges, and 2 large bottles of car wash soap. I also called Home Depot and asked if they would be willing to donate anything. On the phone it was, "Sure, we can donate a few buckets". Once I arrived I had 6, 3 GALLON BUCKETS. My jaw dropped and I thanked them over and over again. Earlier I had taken some old shelving wood, painted it white, and put the school colors on it saying, " ORTING FOOTBALL CAR WASH FUNDRAISER". We posted them at the 3 main traffic lights, hooked up the hose, made our suds, and waited. To be honest, I was freaking out! What was going to happen with me, 5 teenage boys, and my 6 year old? Within a hour, I had 13 teenage boys, washing cars, spraying each other, laughing, standing along the road in front of the school parading their signs & efforts to bring in the cars. The teenage boys got VERY creative to say the least! Speedo bathing suits, no shirts, paining on their bodies, singing, dancing, just plain FUN! This was the BEST Saturday I had EVER had ! Thank You to The Orting High School Football Team for showing myself and the community that you support each other during these tough times! ! ! Your parents should be proud, and the community should be proud! One teenage boy said, "This is SO FUN, we should do this more!" I said, "I agree, and we will ! So, this is our first blog, for our goal to raise the moneys to get these boys to the, USP Football Camp. Many parents can't afford to send them, most important, THIS IS SOMETHING THEY WANT TO DO! We can as a community, or even a society, complain about how "THE KIDS TODAY" are turning to drugs, stealing, and drinking. Or we can help, make a difference! I will not ask for a specific dollar amount, lord knows, I know how every penny adds up! We would like monitory because that is our goal, but also, would like donations to continue the ORTING HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM's efforts at the car wash on July 10, 2010. There was myself, and another parent Heather, whom helped by running to her house and making as many sandwiches she could with what she had. We bough Gatorade & water. After 5 hours, these teenagers needed something! So, the donations can be food! Water, Gatorade, Hot-dogs, Buns, Ketchup, Mustard, Chips, Crackers, Sandwiches, Coffee (for us adults) absolutely anything would be accepted.
Thank You for reading my blog, and I wish these boys luck!

3 comments:

  1. Saturday is our last fundraising event for the Orting Football Team to go to UPS football camp on July 12-15th. Help support the kids in our community... bring that car,truck,motorcycle, anything with wheels this Saturday to OHS!
    While in town enjoy Orting's Farmers Market, 1st day opening!
    GO CARDINALS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things for team events
    http://www.allstaractivities.com/sports/sports-team-banner.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for starting this effort! I will do what I can to help tomorrow 7/10... I have lots of poster board for signs. I'll bring what I can. I have done quit a few car washes for raising money :-)
    Smiles, Susan R. Sackmann

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Orting High School Football Team

Orting High School Football Team

Popular Posts

My Blog List